Abode's top picks of events in Norfolk this summer!
I’m in the Workhouse - Get Me Out of Here! - from Wednesday 21st July to Saturday 13th August - from 10am – 5pm.
- Visit the Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse Museum this summer. The perfect mix of facts and fun for children; learn all about the workhouse with activities and lots of exciting things to discover along the way! There’s a special extra on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with a pop-up pauper to tell you all about the hard work the inmates did – they may even need your help!
- Tickets: Adult £11.50, Concession £11, Child, (4-8), £9.80, Family, (1 adult), £29, Family (2 adults), £38.50. More information can be found here: http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/visit_us/gressenhall_farm_and_workhouse/index.htm
Barracudas Activity Day Camps – from Monday 25th July to Friday 26th August - from 8.30am – 5.30pm.
- With Ofsted approval, Barracudas Activity Day Camp provides parents with a piece of mind, whilst obviously the children have maximum fun! Based at Norwich High School for Girls, the camp is suitable for ages 4.5 to 16 years old. There are over 80 activities to be enjoyed, including swimming, archery, fencing and creative arts.
- Tickets: Prices from £154 per week, £39 per day, or £144 per week if you book more than one week or more than one child. Also a season ticket offer is available: 5-9 day passes will cost £37 per day, or 10 or over at a rate of £35. Visit their website for more details and booking: https://www.barracudas.co.uk/camps/view/norwich
Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band on the Broads – Thursday 18th August - from 7.15pm.
- Norfolk Dixieland are a six-piece Jazz Band that provide the perfect entertainment for a summer evening on the Norfolk Broads. Hosted by Broads Tours, watch the sun set in this picturesque location with a drink in your hand and a mix of classic and contemporary sounds.
- Tickets: £14.50 for all – Boarding 7.15pm, Departure 7.30pm, Return to Wroxham 10pm. For bookings visit: http://www.broadstours.co.uk/broads-tours-events.php
Sue Perkins Live! in SPECTACLES - Sunday 4th September – 7.30pm.
- Famous presenter and comedian Sue Perkins is coming to Norwich Theatre Royal. With an evening of witty humour and even a user’s guide to Mary Berry, enjoy the very best from her best-selling memoir ‘Spectacles’. This event is suitable for ages 14+.
- Tickets: Ranging from £7- £24.50, depending on where you sit. Buy them from their website now: https://secure.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=9149D607-7175-4FE5-828D-CC14A7AB9CD4&sessionlanguage=&SessionSecurity::linkName
For the Whole Family
Peter Pan at Holkham Hall – Wednesday 10th August - 6:15pm and 8:30pm.
- Peter Pan is a story enjoyed by all. Presented by the Chapterhouse Theatre Company, you are sure to encounter mermaids, fairies and of course pirates! The brand new adaptation is performed in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, and features a special arrangement with Samuel French. Who can resist a night of magical music and beautiful costumes in what is one of the prettiest venues in Norfolk?
- Tickets: Adults £14, Child £10, or Family Ticket (2 adults, 2 children) £43. Bookings can be made here: http://www.holkham.co.uk/events/theatre
The Grand Norwich Duck Race – Sunday 28th August - from 12pm – 5pm.
- Hosted by the fantastic Break Charity and in partnership with Norwich pub Ribs of Beef, this event is great fun for all the family. Watch both the 3000 smaller individual ducks and the spectacularly painted larger corporate ducks race down the river from St George’s Bridge to St Fye’s Bridge. The event includes a duck parade, as well as stalls with duck games and other family fun attractions.
- This event is FREE, however we recommend you sponsor a little duck for just £2, with some great prizes available to the winners! For more information, visit Break’s website: http://www.break-charity.org/support-us/events/grand-norwich-duck-race/
Image: Some of this years corporate duck entreies - sourced from Twitter: @atRubberDuck
Summer Evening Crazy Golf - Any weeknight from Friday 1st July to Wednesday 31st August - from 6pm – 8pm.
- Hosted by the beautiful Heritage Eaton Park, Norwich finally has its very own crazy golf course. The evening session gives you the chance to have some family fun as the sun sets in this beautiful local park.
- Tickets: The evening session is only £2.50 per person for any age! For more information, visit their website: http://www.eatonparkcrazygolf.co.uk/
North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival - Saturday 3rd September - Sunday 4th September - from 10am – 4pm.
- This festival has grown spectacularly in the last 7 years since it begun. With local food producers from all over Norfolk, there’s a taste for everyone. Hosted by Holkham Hall, who itself produces vegetables and other fresh produce, there is no better setting. Expect to see fresh cakes, beers, breads, meats and much more, along with entertainment attractions such as face painting and cookery theatre!
- This event is FREE!